VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF ASSISTANT TO THE COMMUNITY CENTRE MANAGER
This is a part-time position 16 hours per week, worked over 3 days initially, negotiable, but subject to change by agreement. Salary will be £10 per hour.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please contact the Town Clerk on 01285 713326 or e-mail email@example.com enclosing a covering letter and CV. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th May 2019.
To provide administrative support to the Fairford Community Centre Manager in the provision of high-quality customer services.
Booking and Client Services
- Administer the Community Centre computer Booking Service on behalf of Fairford Community Centre Ltd who have been licensed by the Landlords to market and manage lettings of rooms and facilities to external Users, organisations and companies.
- Carry out such duties as the Manager determines including handling invoices, as generated from the booking software and ensuring that all user bookings are invoiced.
- Ensure that the equipment and facilities need of Users are known and made available to them in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Users are aware of the booking conditions and deal with User queries.
- Record customer complaints and pass to the Centre Manager.
- Meet and greet new and potential Users and show them around the building.
- Make arrangements for locking/unlocking the building.
- Maintain a register of customer requirements for tables/chairs and use of other Centre facilities e.g. kitchen, video equipment, etc.
- Ensure that all equipment is made available from store as required by User bookings and returned after use.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of equipment belonging to FCC Ltd
- Carry out or assist the Centre Manager in the following duties:
- Monitor the effectiveness of cleaning services to ensure that the day-to -day cleaning and servicing of rooms and service areas has been carried out to meet the high levels of service required and to take remedial action if necessary.
- Order cleaning supplies.
- Perform such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required.
- Administrative duties, client services.
Skills & abilities
- Customer services skills
- Confident and able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work and demands
- Able to work flexible hours – prioritizing needs of Centre management
- Able to communicate well – both written and verbally
Education and training:
- Computer literacy – training given for specialist software.
- A commitment to community- run services
- Able to work occasional evenings and week-ends and attend the Centre at short notice in the event of an emergency
- Consent to an enhanced disclosure under Protection of Children Act 1989